The Melbourne 2006 Sports Program comprises 12 individual and four team sports, with a total of 24 disciplines to be contested at the XVIII Commonwealth Games.
The Sports Program for Elite Athletes with a Disability (EAD) will comprise 12 events across four sports - Swimming, Athletics, Table Tennis and Powerlifting - which will be integrated into the general Games competition schedule.
- Aquatics includes Diving, Swimming and Synchronised Swimming
- Cycling includes Track, Road and Mountain Bike
- Gymnastics includes both the Artistic and Rhythmic disciplines
- Shooting includes Clay Target, Pistol, Small Bore and Air Rifle, and Full Bore Rifle.
The Sports Program has been confirmed by the Commonwealth Games Federation (CGF).
|Browse the competition venues and their locations throughout Melbourne and regional centres.||Find out where the venues are, what sports are being held there, and the transport that will be available.|
|Check out the Road events courses, view access information for residents, and discover the beautiful locations where they will take place.||Learn how Elite Athletes with a Disability will compete at the Games and what sports will be contested.|
For further information please visit the following sites:
- Commonwealth Games Federation.
- Australian Commonwealth Games Association.
- Office of Commonwealth Games Coordination.