Melbourne 2006 Ceremonies Cast Consent Form
In consideration for the opportunity to apply to audition for a role as a cast member in the ceremonies for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games (“Ceremonies”), I agree to the following Terms and Conditions contained in this consent form.
1. I acknowledge that I have read the Ceremonies Cast Application Form and associated information and agree to comply with the conditions contained therein.
2. I acknowledge that Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation (“Melbourne 2006”) reserves the right not to offer me the opportunity to participate in the auditioning process. In the event that I am selected to audition, I acknowledge and agree that Melbourne 2006 reserves the right not to offer me a role in the Ceremonies cast. Melbourne 2006 will select persons to audition and participate as cast members in its absolute discretion.
3. I agree that I will not receive any payment or other remuneration from Melbourne 2006 be it in respect of (i) my participation in the auditioning process, (ii) my role as a Ceremonies cast member, or (iii) otherwise. Without limiting the foregoing, I agree that Melbourne 2006 will not reimburse any of my expenses.
4. I agree to comply with all Melbourne 2006 policies and all directions given to me by Melbourne 2006 in the auditioning process or in my role as a Ceremonies cast member.
5. I agree to make myself available to participate in (i) the auditioning process at the times required by Melbourne 2006; (ii) all rehearsals for Ceremonies cast members and (iii) all other Ceremonies related activities as required by Melbourne 2006.
6. I acknowledge that information about the Ceremonies is strictly confidential. Accordingly, I agree to keep all information concerning the content and organisation of the Ceremonies strictly confidential and not to disclose such information to any
7. In addition, I agree to keep confidential all information which I know or I should reasonably know is confidential concerning the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games (“Games”) and the Commonwealth Games Bodies. The Commonwealth Games Bodies include the Australian Commonwealth Games Association and the Commonwealth Games Federation.
8. I acknowledge and agree that all right, title and interest in and to the Ceremonies and the Games and all subject matter produced and/or used in connection with the Ceremonies and the Games throughout the world (“Games IP”) are the exclusive property of Melbourne 2006.
9. I hereby assign to Melbourne 2006 all right, title and interest throughout the world (including, but not limited to past, present and future intellectual property rights) in any materials, works and other subject matter created or supplied by me in connection with the Ceremonies and/or the Games (“Works”). In addition, I agree to waive all moral rights in the Works and, upon request, execute a moral rights consent in a form supplied by Melbourne 2006.
10. I acknowledge and agree that:
(a) my performance in the audition, rehearsals and the Ceremonies (if any); and
(b) my participation in any other activities relating to the Ceremonies and/or the Games; may be photographed, filmed and or otherwise recorded (“Recordings”).
11. I grant to Melbourne 2006 and its nominees the irrevocable right to:
(a) make the Recordings; and
(b) broadcast and otherwise exploit the Recordings worldwide in any media, in any manner without restriction.
12. I agree that Melbourne 2006 shall be the exclusive owner of the Recordings and consent to Melbourne 2006 and its nominees editing, adapting and/or altering the Recordings in any manner.
13. I agree and acknowledge that I will not receive any payment in respect of the exploitation of the Recordings by Melbourne 2006 and/or its nominees.
14. I agree to safeguard my personal property (for example bags and money) located at Melbourne 2006 premises, Games venues and/or any audition and rehearsal space and agree that Melbourne 2006 will, under no circumstances, be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged personal property.
15. I acknowledge that there may be risks associated with participating in the audition process and/or in any other activities connected to the Ceremonies, and I agree to participate at my own risk. I agree to take all reasonable measures to protect myself from the said risks, and hereby release Melbourne 2006, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games Bodies (and their respective executive members, directors, officers, employees, contractors and agents) from any liability in respect of any loss, damage, personal injury, death, economic loss and/or consequential loss suffered or incurred by me in relation to my participation in the auditioning process and/or participation in any other activities connected to the Ceremonies.
16. I hereby consent to the conduct of identity verification checks, background security checks, traffic checks and other security checks (which may include inspecting my personal property). I agree to execute all consent forms in the respect of the conduct of any police and security check.
17. I hereby agree to the administration by Melbourne 2006 of first aid and/or medical treatment if I am injured or ill while participating in any activities relating to the Ceremonies and/or the Games.
18. I acknowledge that I do not have the right to engage in any marketing or promotional activities in connection with the Games and/or the Ceremonies.
19. I agree not to make comments to any media organisation, disparaging or otherwise, which may relate in any way to the Ceremonies, the Games, the business of Melbourne 2006, this agreement and/or the Commonwealth Games Bodies.
20. In the event that I am chosen to participate as a cast member for the Ceremonies, I agree to execute a participation agreement in a form as supplied by Melbourne 2006.
21. I acknowledge that Melbourne 2006 may terminate my participation in the auditioning process and/or in any other activities connected to the Ceremonies if I do not comply with these provisions or engage in misconduct which, in Melbourne 2006’s opinion, adversely affects the interests of Melbourne 2006 and/or any Commonwealth Games Body.