This competition is now closed.
See the spectacular Opening Ceremony from your own luxury private box at the MCG.
- Congratulations to John Smithwick who has won a once-in-a-lifetime experience for himself and eleven friends in a private fully catered Super box at the Opening Ceremony of the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.
For your chance to win a night of great food and beverages as well as exciting entertainment for you and 11 of your closest friends, purchase any Athletics ticket before 8 March 2006 to be in the draw.
With tickets starting from only $15 including free public transport on the day of your event^, this is sure to be a once in a lifetime event.
To enter the draw* simply SMS your Ticketmaster reference code and your full name to 1991 2006 or call 1900 939 021.
You’ve got to be at the Games to catch Melbourne’s biggest party ever. So buy your tickets today at www.melbourne2006.com.au, call 1300 00 2006 or visit any Ticketmaster outlet.
The competition opens on 15 February 2006 and closes 8 March 2006.
^ Metcard services only.
* Authorised under permit numbers VIC 06/109, NSW 06/00541, SA 06/241, ACT 06/00254, NT06/313.
Communicator SMS and 1900 calls charged at 0.55 cents.
Terms and Conditions of entry
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions of entry.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia, except the paid employees of Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation ("the Promoter") and all Commonwealth Games bodies, and the immediate family of those persons are ineligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences 9:00am EST on Wednesday 15 February 2006 and closes at 11.59pm EST on Tuesday 21 March 2006.
4. By entering into this promotion each entrant agrees that if they win, they and their guest(s) who share their prize (who the entrant must make aware of these terms and conditions), must comply at all times with the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Conditions of Attendance that apply to the use of all tickets to the Games. The Conditions of Attendance can be found at www.melbourne2006.com.au or can be requested by calling Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation ("M2006") on 1300 00 2006.
5. The Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games are a declared event under the Sports Event Ticketing (Fair Access) Act 2002 (Vic). By entering this promotion, each entrant and their guest(s) who share their prize (who the entrant must make aware of these terms and conditions) acknowledge and agree that tickets must not without prior written consent of M2006 be resold above the face value of the ticket nor used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes. If this condition is breached the ticket will be void and will not entitle the holder to admission to the event and any violators may be prosecuted.
6. This promotion has a new and different prize each period of the promotion and a winner will be selected randomly from valid entries by the Promoter for each promotional period. To enter, consumers must have purchased two tickets or more to any session of the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games that will be held at the MCG either online at www.melbourne2006.com.au or through any of the authorised Ticketmaster channels during the relevant period of the competition. Entrants must then either SMS or dial the 1900 number specified and supply their name and Games ticket order reference code from Ticketmaster. Entries will not be accepted if the ticket order reference code is not included and entrants may need to request this at point of purchase. The SMS mobile entry number is 19 912 006 and the competition phone number to call is 1900 939 021. The cost of sending an SMS or calling the 1900 number is charged at 55c per message excluding GST.
7. Entries must be received during the Promotional Period to be eligible for the prize awarded during that Promotional Period. Computerised entries are not permitted. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications, due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. In case of dispute the entrant will be taken to be the holder of the telephone account from which the entry was received.
8. Multiple entries are permitted provided each entry relates to a separate purchase of two or more tickets to sessions of the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games held at the MCG during the Promotional Period. A ticket order reference code must be provided with each entry. Each Period is considered a separate competition and entries are not rolled over into subsequent weeks.
9. Ticket prize schedule
Opens Wednesday 15 February 2006 and closes 11:59 Wednesday 8 March 2006
Prize awarded: MCG Superbox for the Opening Ceremony on 15 March 2006 for twelve people fully catered Value $8580
Opens Thursday 9 March 2006 and closes 11:59 Tuesday 21 March 2006
Prize awarded: MCG Superbox for the Closing Ceremony on 26 March 2006 for twelve people fully catered Value $6540
The total prize value is $15,120
10. The prize draw for the ticket prizes will take place on the following dates: Period 1: Thursday 9 March 2006 at 11am EST and Period 2: 22 March 2006 at 11am EST. The winners’ names will be published on the official Melbourne 2006 website at www.melbourne2006.com.au on the day of the draw and the winners will be contacted by phone on the same day and in writing within two days of the draw. Their names will also be published in The Australian on Tuesday 14 March and Friday 24 March. The draw will be held at Communicator Interactive Level 8, 9-13 Young Street, Sydney NSW, 2000.
11. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. The prize is transferable at the winners written request if the winner is unable to attend the prize. If a person younger than 18 years of age wins the prize they must be accompanied by a guardian when using the prize.
12. Spending money transport to and from venues and all ancillary costs are the responsibility of the prize winners and their guest including flights and accommodation.
13. In the event of any prize not being accepted or claimed by the date of the prize, the relevant winner’s entry will be deemed invalid and the Promoter reserves the right to conduct such further draws from eligible entries to either of the draws at 12 noon (EST) on 21/06/06 as is necessary to distribute the prize, in the form of cash, subject to any written directions given by any relevant authority including those given under Reg 37 of the Lottery and Gaming Regulations, 1993 (SA). Any further draws will take place at Communicator Interactive, Level 8, 9-13 Young Street, Sydney, NSW, 2000.
14. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoters and Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation exclude liability for any loss, damage or injury whatsoever suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to direct, indirect special or consequential loss or damage, loss of opportunity revenue or profit) arising out of or in connection with this promotion, including transportation to and attendance at the venues, and use of Games tickets.
15. The Promoter accepts no responsibility if any event is cancelled, or the dates are re-scheduled for any reason whatsoever. If the prize or any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoters’ control, the Promoters will endeavour but are not obliged to provide a substitute prize of equivalent value.
17. The Promoter is Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation, ABN 22088659705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
18. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Australia. Promotion authorised under permit numbers: VIC 06/109 NSW 06/00541 SA 06/241 ACT 06/00254 NT06/313.