Skip to Content.
Skip to Navigation.
Print this page
Return to site
Return to the CGF home page.
You Are Here:
10 fantastic Victorian weekend escape packages to be won! (VIC only)
Sorry, this competition is now closed.
Congratulations to the following winners of the Melbourne 2006 Flinders Street Weekend Escapes promotion. These five people have won a Yarra Valley escape package to the value of $580; I Bowring of Malvern, E Ryan of Frankston, V Kissoon of Hoppers Crossing, S Porter of Flemington, P Cornwall of Kooyong.
These following five people have won a Great Ocean Road escape package to the value of $818; J Lasker of Mentone, S McLachlan of Hawthorn East, M Lucas of Bentleigh, R Gill of North Fitzroy, C Wong of Kew.
Planning on heading to the Games in March 2006? Well if you live close to the city or just want an excuse to visit, then make sure you buy your Games tickets from Flinders Street Station between 15 October and 28 October 2005.
Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games is giving away a weekend escape package for two, to ten lucky people who buy any Games ticket from the ticket booth at Flinders Street Station.
All weekend escapes are self-drive and valid for use between 1 December 2005 and 28 February 2006. All accommodation, meals and attractions are subject to availability.
To enter, simply fill out the entry form when you purchase your tickets and the first ten valid entries drawn will win:
1 of 5 Yarra Valley packages including:
2 night’s accommodation (Friday and Saturday night) in a king-sized suite staying at the beautiful Araluen Lodge situated just outside Yarra Glen. For more information, visit the Araluen Lodge website.
Gourmet platter on arrival on Friday night.
Fully cooked breakfast on Saturday and Sunday morning.
Dinner for two people on Saturday evening at De Bortoli Winery and Restaurant. With the Great Dividing Range as a spectacular backdrop and views from every window of the surrounding vineyard, enjoy the authentic Italian cuisine and cool climate Yarra Valley wines to the value of $130 per couple courtesy of our official wine sponsor, De Bortoli Wines. For more information, visit the DeBortoli website .
Each package is valued at $580.00.
1 of 5 Great Ocean Road packages including:
Dinner at Le Parisien on Geelong’s waterfront to the value of $100. For more information visit Le Parisien's website.
1 night’s stay in the recently refurbished Mercure Hotel Geelong. To discover more about regional Victoria’s largest international hotel visit the Mercure Geelong website .
Climb to the top of mainland Australia’s oldest lighthouse (1848) and experience the heart-pounding thrill of the view from the balcony 90 metres above the surging waters of Bass Strait and the Southern Ocean with a double pass light station tour to the value of $23 at Cape Otway Lightstation. For more information, visit the Cape Otway Lightstation website .
Great Ocean Road Helicopters offers you the chance to experience the Port Campbell National Park from the air. Experience the majestic Twelve Apostles, Loch Ard Gorge and London Bridge from the comfort of an executive helicopter double pass scenic flight valued at $160. Visit the Great Ocean Road Helicopter website .
1 night’s stay valued at $300 in Port Campbell’s newest accommodation, the architecturally designed luxury Southern Ocean Villas situated on the edge of Port Campbell National Park. Visit the Southern Ocean Villas website for more information.
Double pass valued at $50 to the multi-million dollar sound and laser show at Shipwrecked at Flagstaff Hill. Visit the Flagstaff Hill website for more information.
For more information on the Great Ocean Road, visit the Great Ocean Road website .
Each package is valued at $818.00.
Terms and conditions - "Melbourne 2006 Flinders Street Weekend Escapes"
1. Information on how to enter and on prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Victoria, except the paid employees of Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation (“the Promoter”) and all Commonwealth Games bodies, and the immediate family of those persons are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences at 9am EST on Saturday 15 October 2005 and closes at 6.30pm EST Friday 28 October 2005.
4. To enter the prize draw, you must purchase any Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games ticket from the official Ticket Booth at Flinders Street Station in Melbourne between 15/10/2005 and 28/10/2005 and fill in the entry form provided and submit it to the staff at the ticket booth. One entry is valid each time you make a purchase of Games tickets at the ticket booth.
5. There will be ten prizes drawn consisting of Melbourne weekend escape packages. The first five winners drawn will receive a Yarra Valley weekend escape package consisting of 2 night’s twinshare accommodation in a king-sized suite staying Friday and Saturday night at Araluen Lodge in Yarra Valley. Included in the package is a gourmet platter on arrival and fully cooked breakfasts and dinner for two people to the value of $130 at De Bortoli Winery and Restaurant. Each package is valued at $580 including GST. The next five winners drawn will receive a Great Ocean Road weekend escape package consisting of 1 nights twinshare accommodation staying at the Mecure Hotel Geelong on Friday night and a $100 dinner voucher to Le Parisien restaurant. Winners will also receive a second nights accommodation (Saturday) staying at Southern Ocean Villas in Port Campbell and double passes to the Cape Otway Lightstation Shipwrecked at Flagstaff Hill sound and laser show attractions, and a Great Ocean Road Helicopters scenic flight. Each package is valued at $818 including GST. The total prize pool is valued at $6,990 inclusive of GST.
6. All weekend escape packages are self-drive and valid for use between 1st December 2005 and 28th February 2006. All accommodation, meals and attractions are subject to availability and travel will be at the expense of each winner.
7. The draw will take place at 10am EST on 2/11/2005 at the World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne VIC 3000.
8. The winners will be contacted by phone on 3/11/2005 and followed up in writing by mail. In addition, winners names will be published in the Herald Sun and on the Melbourne 2006 website at www.melbourne2006.com.au on 10/11/2005. The winners may also be approached to fulfil some publicity in relation to the prize and/or the Games.
9. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
10. In the event that any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize which in the Promoter’s sole opinion is of equal or greater value.
11. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games bodies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize.
13. The Promoter is Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation, ABN 22088659705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
14. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia. Authorised under permit number 05/3632
This Website is closed and for reference purposes only. To guarantee the stability of Games data, all external links are being removed.
See you at Delhi 2010
After eleven fun packed days, Melbourne 2006 is now over and all thoughts turn to the next Games - Delhi 2010. Nameste! See you in Delhi 2010! Swagatam!
Revisit the Incredible India Closing Ceremony gallery.
Events, arts, food and wine... there's more to Melbourne than meets the eye.
Find out more about Melbourne.
Wear, swap, give and live to be part of the Commonwealth Games.
See great gifts in our Online Shop.
News and Photos
Schedule and Results
Video and Audio
Sports and Venues
Queen's Baton Relay
Traffic and Transport
Karak the Mascot
You are here:
About this site
Print this page
Email a friend
Back to top
© 2003-2006 Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation.
Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games indicia and images
under Commonwealth and Victorian legislation.