Sorry, this competition is now closed.
- Congratulations to the following people who have each won four tickets to the Closing Ceremony as our Week Five winners. Joyce Richards (VIC), Kevin Conduit (SA), Margaret Blee (QLD), Ann Mccarthy (NSW) and Elizabeth Waller (TAS) will all be at the newly renovated MCG on 26 March 2006.
- Congratulations to our Week Four winners Janette McPherson (QLD), Jennifer Rider (TAS), Heather Hemmings (NSW), Marie Shea (ACT) and Robert Jackson (SA), all winning four tickets each to an exciting night of the Track and Field finals at the Games in 2006.
- Congratulations to our Week Three winners who have their Ticket Ballot selection guaranteed and fully paid for. Craig Scott (SA), Ian Hunt (TAS), Graham Hibbert (QLD) Robert Roberts (VIC) and Patricia O’Brien (NSW) will all be enjoying some great Games action in March 2006!
- Our Week Two winners are Andrew Potter (VIC), Marie-Anne Ammons (QLD), Sarah Fry (SA), Gail Cooper (NSW), and Judith Forwood (TAS). These people have all won two seats in the Athletics Superbox on 24 March 2006 at the MCG.
- Congratulations to our Week One winners! Hugh Gabriel (SA), Kim Morrison (VIC), Margaret Buck (QLD), Peter Gabriel (NSW), and Mona Hannah (TAS) will all be going the Opening Ceremony at the MCG on 15 March 2006 with three friends.
The faster you get your Ticket Ballot application in, the more chances you will have to win some fantastic weekly prizes.
All you have to do is submit your Ticket Ballot application online or from the Ticket Book, then look out for the competition coupons each Sunday in the News Limited publications listed below.
Send your competition coupon to Locked Bag 4007, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205, to go into the draw to win the weekly prize. Remember, if your Ticket Ballot application isn't in, you won’t be eligible to win a prize.
There will be weekly draws every Friday of the promotion and there will be five winners each week, one from each participating state.
The prizes are as follows:
- Week One – Four Opening Ceremony tickets.
- Week Two – A double pass to the MCG Superbox to see the Athletics.
- Week Three – Your Ticket Ballot selection guaranteed and paid for to the value of $5000.
- Week Four – Four tickets to the Athletics finals.
- Week Five – Four tickets to the Closing Ceremony.
The Ticket Ballot is the best way to secure the tickets you want for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games. Make sure you get your Ticket Ballot application in before the Ballot closes at midnight (AEST) on 22 April 2005.
Terms and Conditions - News Ltd Ticket Ballot Bonus Promotion
1. Information on how to enter and on the prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia who have submitted a valid Games Ticket Ballot Application either in the mail or online. All coupons will be checked prior to entry into the competition and will not be submitted into the draw if you have not yet submitted a valid Games Ticket Ballot Application. Employees and the immediate families of the Promoter, sponsors and all Commonwealth Games bodies are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences at 09:00am EST on 14/03/05 and closes midnight on 14/04/05.
4. To enter the competition, complete and send the coupon printed in News Limited publications between 14 March 2005 and 14 April 2005, in The Herald Sun (VIC), The Sunday Herald Sun (VIC), The Daily Telegraph (NSW), The Sunday Telegraph (NSW), Courier Mail (QLD), The Sunday Mail (QLD), The Sunday Tasmanian (TAS), The Advertiser (SA), and The Sunday Mail (SA) to “Games Ticket Ballot Bonus”, Locked Bag 4007, South Melbourne, Victoria 3205.
5. Each coupon will be entered into the relevant weekly draw depending on when it is received. The weekly competition dates are listed below.
a) Week one: 13/03/05 – 17/03/05
b) Week two: 20/03/05 – 24/03/05
c) Week three: 27/03/05 – 31/03/05
d) Week four: 3/4/05 – 7/04/05
e) Week five: 10/04/05 – 14/04/05
6. Multiple entries are accepted but only with an original newspaper coupon each time. Entries must be received by last mail (5.00pm) on each of the weekly competition final dates. The personal details on your coupon must exactly match the personal details on your Games Ticket Ballot Application. If the details do not match, your coupon will be void and will not be not be entered into the draw.
7. A random draw by hand will be conducted at Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Head Offices, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne 3000, at the end of each week of the promotion at approximately midday on the following dates:
a) Week one: 18/03/05
b) Week two: 25/03/05
c) Week three: 1/04/05
d) Week four: 8/04/05
e) Week five: 15/04/05
8. There will be five winners per week, one winner from each state. The first valid entry (after cross checking with corresponding ballot application) from each state drawn each week of the promotion will receive a prize.
9. The following prizes will be awarded to each winner from each state:
a) Week one: Four tickets to the Opening Ceremony in price level C. (Total Week One Value: $5000) (Value per state is $1000)
b) Week Two: Double pass to the athletics finals Superbox on 24/3/2006 in prive level A with catering included.
(Total Week Two Value: $1950) (Value per state is $390)
c) Week Three: Guaranteed to receive your Games Ticket Ballot Application requests for free in your first choice of price level (to be capped at $5000 of tickets per winner).
(Week One Maximum Value $25,000) (Maximum value per state is $5000)
d) Week Four: Four tickets to the last night of athletics finals on 25/03/2006 in price level B.
(Week Four Value $1500) (Value per state is $300)
e) Week Five: Four tickets to the Closing Ceremony in price level C.
(Week Five Value $2000) (Value per state is $400)
Total RRP value of all prizes in all States is approximately $35,450.
10. Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable and are not redeemable for cash. The judge’s decision is final and binding. No correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed void if stolen, forged, mutilated or tampered with in any way.
11. Winners will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the draw, and the names of winners will be published in The Australian newspaper on the following dates: 25/03/05, 1/04/05, 8/04/05, 15/04/05, 22/04/05.
12. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games bodies will not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize.
14. The promoters are News Limited ABN 47 007 871 178, 2 Holt Street, Surrey Hills, NSW 2010, and Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation, ABN 22 088 659 705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000 (collectively referred to as the Promoter).
15. Authorised under permit numbers: NSW:05/01974, SA T05/798.