Skip to Content.
Skip to Navigation.
Print this page
Return to site
Return to the CGF home page.
You Are Here:
My Hero competition
Sorry, this competition is now closed.
Congratulations to Maryanne Harley our major prize winner! Honourable mentions go to Mikaela Doig, Lauren Free, Emma Bellenger, Ian Dickson, Ryan Khoo, Kyana Collard, Annaliese McCauley, Amy Banasik and Josh Linford.
Next year in March you will be able to see your sporting heroes live and close-up at the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games.
Melbourne 2006 and Australian Little Athletics are giving you the chance to win tickets to an Athletics Final and the Closing Ceremony.
Simply send an email to
and tell us in 50 words or less who your favourite Australian Track and Field star is and why.
Remember to include your name and phone number.
If you don’t have email you can send your entry to:
‘My Hero competition’,
Locked Bag 4007,
South Melbourne VIC 3205.
The entries will be judged on originality and creativity.
The winner will receive four tickets to the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Athletics Finals on 25 March 2006 and four tickets to the Closing Ceremony on 26 March 2006. Both events are at the MCG.
The prize includes tickets for four people to fly from the winner's nearest capital city, and two night’s accommodation for two adults and two children.
So get "Karaking" and enter now!
closes at midnight on 31 October 2005
. Only registered Little Athletics members are eligible to enter. The total value of the prize is a maximum of $5,000 depending on where the winner is from. All tickets are Price Level C. Accommodation is for two adults and two children in twin share accommodation.
Terms and Conditions -- My Hero M2006 Australian Little Athletics Competition
1. Information on how to enter and on prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to registered members of Australian Little Athletes only. If the winner is under the age of 18 he or she must be accompanied by a parent or guardian where travel is required.
3. To enter the prize draw, you must submit an email to email@example.com during the promotional period detailing in 50 words or less who is your favourite track and field star and why. These entries will be judged on their originality, merit and creativity.
4. The promotion commences at 9am AEST 1 July 2005 and closes at midnight on 31 October 2005.
5. There is one prize consisting of flights from the winner’s nearest capital city to Melbourne and two night’s accommodation for a family of four people at an Accor hotel in Melbourne including breakfasts (flights and accommodation not included if the winner is from Melbourne), and four athletics finals tickets (Price Level C) on 25 March 2005 and four tickets to the Closing Ceremony (Price Level C) on 26 March 2005. The total prize pool is a maximum of $5000.
6. The winner will be announced on 14 November 2005 on the Melbourne 2006 Website www.melbourne2006.com.au and the Australian Little Athletics Website www.littleathletics.com.au and the winner will also be contacted by phone and in writing within one week of the date the judges pick the winner.
7. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judge’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed void if fake, forged or non-genuine in any way.
8. Use of the tickets in the prize is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to those tickets.
9. In the event that any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may provide a suitable replacement which is deemed by M2006 to be of equal or greater value.
10. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games bodies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize.
12. The Promoter is Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation , ABN 22088659705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
13. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.
News and Photos
Schedule and Results
Video and Audio
Sports and Venues
Queen's Baton Relay
Traffic and Transport
Karak the Mascot
You are here:
About this site
Print this page
Email a friend
Back to top
© 2003-2006 Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation.
Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games indicia and images
under Commonwealth and Victorian legislation.