This competition is now closed.
Winner: Congratulations to Michael Flannery (QLD) who was the major e-newsletter winner! Michael has won a great selection of sold out tickets just for keeping up to date with all the latest games information.
The Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games e-newsletter ‘Moment by Moment’ is a great way to keep up to date with all of the latest Games information. Plus, if you sign up and then forward on the e-newsletter, after you receive it, to family and friends, you will automatically go in the draw to win monthly prizes and have a chance at winning the major prize -- a selection of great Games tickets.
It is as easy as clicking here to sign up for the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games e-newsletter Moment by Moment and following the instructions when you receive your first edition of the newsletter.
Terms and Conditions -- e-Newsletter Promotion Competition1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these terms and conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to residents of Australia that are members of the Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation e-newsletter database, except that employees of Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation (“the Promoter”) all Commonwealth Games bodies, Commonwealth Games sponsors, agencies involved in running this competition, and the immediate family of those persons are ineligible to enter. South Australian residents are also ineligible to enter the competition.
3. To enter the competition, you must forward the e-newsletter to the email addresses of two friends. Each time you forward the e-newsletter to two valid email addresses you will be automatically entered into the draw to receive one monthly prize, and have a chance at winning the major prize, up to a maximum of ten entries per month.
4. You may only forward the e-newsletter to each individual once, and you must personally know the individual to whom you forward the e-newsletter. Entries will be deemed void if you do not personally know the individual to whom you forward the e-newsletter, or if you forward the e-newsletter to an email address which is not genuine.
5. The promotion commences at 9am EST on 20 March 2005 and closes at midnight on 17 February 2006.
6. There are eleven monthly prizes and one major prize. Each valid entry will be entered into the draw to receive the monthly prizes, and then will be entered into the draw to receive the major prize.
7. Each monthly prize consists of Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games merchandise selected by the Promoter with a RRP of approximately $200. The major prize consists of a Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games ticket package of tickets selected by the Promoter. The current proposed ticket package comprises two adult tickets to the Opening Ceremony, two tickets to the swimming heats and two tickets to the cycling. Total RRP value of all prizes is approximately $3300.
8. A random electronic draw for the monthly prize will take place at midday on the 15th of each month, commencing on 15 April 2005, at the Promoter’s offices at World Trade Centre, Concourse Level, Siddeley St, Melbourne 3000. The first valid entry drawn will receive a monthly prize.
All entries will then be entered in the major prize draw, which will also be a random electronic draw. The major prize draw will take place at 12 midday at the Promoter’s offices at World Trade Centre, Concourse Level, Siddeley St, Melbourne 3000 on 17 February 2006. The first valid entry drawn will receive the major prize.
9. Prizes are not transferable and are not redeemable for cash. The judge’s decision is final and binding - no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries. Entries will be deemed void if fake or non-genuine in any way.
10. Use of the tickets in the major prize is subject to the terms and conditions applicable to those tickets.
11. In the event that any part of the prize becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize which in the Promoter’s sole opinion is of equal or greater value.
12. Winners of monthly prizes will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the draw, and their names will be published on the M2006 website at www.melbourne2006.com.au. The winner of the major prize will be notified by telephone and in writing within 2 days of the prize draw, and his/her name will be published on the M2006 website on 19 February 2006.
13. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter, the State of Victoria and all Commonwealth Games bodies shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss or loss arising from negligence) arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the promotion or the prize.
15. The Promoter is Melbourne 2006 Commonwealth Games Corporation , ABN 22088659705, World Trade Centre, Siddeley Street, Melbourne, Victoria 3000.
16. Authorised under NSW Permit No TPL05/00760.
17. These terms and conditions are governed by the laws of Victoria, Australia.